This Wednesday, May 27th, will mark ten years to the day since Laugh it Off won its case against SABMiller in the Constitutional Court.
Wow, you’re getting old hey?
To mark the occasion, Justin has guest written a column for The Big Issue which will hit the streets on Wednesday. Do the right thing and buy the mag.
Lego, a tandoori lamb chop, a lightsaber, Buzz Lightyear, a Chuck Berry record and the remains of Star Trek’s Gene Rodenberry are among this list of 100 objects waiting to be found by aliens in space
1. The song Across the Universe by The Beatles
2. Lego mini-figurines of Galileo and the Roman deities Jupiter and Juno
3. A sound recording of a kiss between a mother and child
4. Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber (a prop from 1983 went up in 2007 with Discovery shuttle-flight mission STS-120)
5. A colour photograph of the city of Oxford
6. Melancholy Blues, performed by Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven
7. A black and white diagram of human sex organs
8. Nascar starter flags (green)
9. JS Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No2 conducted by Karl Richter
10. Australia Morning Star and Devil Bird Aboriginal songs
11. A sound recording of a shepherd herding sheep
12. Johnny B Goode by Chuck Berry
13. Dark Was the Night, Cold Was the Ground by blues musician Blind Willie Johnson
14. Buzz Lightyear toy. The astronaut action figure of the Toy Story films went in 2008 with Discovery mission STS-124
15. A sound recording of the rain
16. A colour photograph of Snowflakes over Sequoia
17. A colour photograph of a tree with daffodils
18. Dirt from the pitcher’s mound at Yankee Stadium (taken by astronaut and Yankees fan Garret Reisman in 2008).
19. A piece of the rudimentary airplane the Wright brothers flew in 1903, when the aircraft came a few feet off of the ground
20. Two golden orb spiders, named Gladys and Esmerelda, were housed on the International Space Station in 2011
Hundreds of madly in love meat fans are getting married in a ‘church of bacon’.
Prophets who spread the word of the ‘bacon God’ claim to have over 4,000 members.
Followers boast titles like ‘Funkmaster General’, ‘Institutionalized Thought Leader’ and ‘Bacon Prophet’.
Members can get their own ‘bacon wedding’ for free and their website also advertises funerals and baptisms.
Read more here
NEW YORK (AP) — Tens of millions of people along the Philadelphia-to-Boston corridor rushed to get home and settle in Monday as a fearsome storm swirled in with the potential for hurricane-force winds and 1 to 3 feet of snow that could paralyze the Northeast for days.
In midtown Manhattan near Madison Square Garden just before midnight, the snow and wind had started to pick up, and light snow was falling in Boston. Forecasters said the storm would build into a blizzard, and the brunt of it would hit late Monday and into Tuesday.
As the snow got heavier, much of the region rushed to shut down.
Read more here.
Everyone deserves something at Christmas time… or do they…